Pack of 100 Self Adhesive weights split evenly between 5g & 10g denominations in a Matte Finish.
Also available in a polished finish. Call 01527 883 580 for more.
Stick-on Balancing Weights are used for a couple of reasons :
1. If there is no lip either on the outside or the inside of the wheel to attach a clip-on weight.
2. Even though there’s a lip on the outside of the wheel you don’t want to damage it or damage the chrome finish by adding a clip-on weight, in that case stick-on weights are really discret and look professional.
You can also use – High Quality Self Adhesive Weight Strips with a Matt Black Finish. Each strip weighs 60g and is divided into 5g sections with 50 strips per box – Those weights are perfect to conceal the weights on those black alloy wheels. These innovative weights are extremely popular.
Application of Adhesive Weights
1. Preparation work
Rotate the tyre and determine the wheel imbalance in both planes. Ideally the weight, rim and ambient temperature should be around 15 degrees centigrade as this enables the adhesive backing to perform at its best. Clean the rims with an appropriate cleaning agent to avoid grease and silicone residues on the rim.
2. Removing the protective backing
Having identified the weight position to the rim, peel off the protective backing without touching the adhesive.
3. Assembling the weight
Now press the weight to the rim from the middle towards the outer edges. The pressure should be applied for at least 20 seconds. After assembly 80%-90% of the final adhesive force is achieved after approx 24hrs. Full adhesive force is achieved after 72 hrs.
Why Choose Tyre Bay Direct For Your Garage Equipment
- Over 20 Years Of Experience
- UK's Leading Supplier Of Garage Equipment
- UK Agents for Atlas Automotive Equipment
- Superb Aftercare And Support Available
- Buy Now and Pay Later With PayPal
Equipment prices include delivery on an economy delivery service, unless otherwise stated.
Delivery will be charged on orders for tools and consumables if the total order value is under £50.00 (excluding VAT)
Click here for full details.
Wheel Balance Weights