Motorway Names 10 Most ‘In-Demand’ Used Cars of 2022
Despite significant challenges for the new car market – which is only just beginning to bounce back after the Covid-19 pandemic – the used car sector performed strongly once again in 2022.
That meant it was another good year for Motorway, the used car sales site. If you’re not familiar with the concept, Motorway allows users to enter their registration for an online valuation.
Dealerships across the UK then effectively ‘bid’ on the car, the company with the highest bid then getting the opportunity to sell it (provided the owner accepts their bid).
A high-profile advertising campaign saw the business expand further in 2022, with more cars and more dealerships involved than ever before. So, which cars made waves on its platform last year?
Speaking to Car Dealer Magazine, Motorway’s sales director James Bush revealed all.
The top 10 most ‘in-demand’ vehicles
According to James, the following 10 vehicles attracted the highest number of bids on the Motorway platform last year.
- Land Rover Range Rover Autobio D MHE (2022): With just 295 miles covered, this nearly-new Range Rover Autobiography was a hit with dealerships. And it’s not hard to see why: a fully-loaded Range Rover like this is a real status symbol.
- BMW 520D M Sport (2011): With 39,750 miles on the clock, this 5 Series had covered far fewer miles than most on the market, which made it an obvious target for dealerships.
- Ford Focus Zetec (2015): The ever-popular Focus hatchback is still a winner on the forecourts. This seven year-old model had covered just 30,138 miles from new.
- Ford Fiesta Zetec S (2013): Another popular Ford, the Fiesta regularly tops Britain’s new car sales charts. This well-appointed Zetec S model had covered 40,439 miles from new.
- Volkswagen Polo Match (2012): A popular choice for young drivers, the classy Polo is always in high-demand. This example had 67,250 miles on the clock.
The remainder of the top 10 included:
- Mini Cooper S Electric Level 3 (2020): 9,800 miles
- Mercedes-Benz C180 Komp Classic SE (2004): 12,685 miles
- BMW X5 xDrive 40d M Sport MHEV (2022): 10,800 miles
- BMW i3 Range Extender (2017): 33,835 miles
- Volvo V60 R-Design D3 (2013): 82,700 miles
Buy garage equipment online
Looking to upgrade your workshop for the year ahead? Explore our huge range of garage equipment online today and place your order from the industry-leading supplier, Tyre Bay Direct.