As Europe’s leading tyre consumables and garage equipment retailer we are offering motor traders exclusive insight into the top 10 factors to consider when purchasing a tyre changer. We have over 50 years of experience in the tyre industry and have identified tyre changer information as one of our most popular custom inquiry topics. This inspired our team of experts to create an insider’s guide covering everything a buyer needs to know about purchasing the specialist equipment.
Leigh Stote, Sales and Marketing Director said, “We’ve been in the business of tyres for over 50 years and during this time we’ve dealt with every form of customer inquiry under the sun. Tyre changers are by far one of the most considered purchases which inspired us to put together a comprehensive guide which sets the record straight once and for all.”
What to consider
- There are several different types of tyre changer on the market – semi automatic, fully automatic, assist arms and leverless. Deciding which type to go for is the first step to making an informed purchase.
- Time is money and the faster a tyre can be changed the better. Depending on individual requirements tyre machines will offer users different average changing times. For small scale garages it could be a budget friendly idea to purchase an economy model with a lengthier fit time. The Unite U201 is a great semi-automatic option. For garages and fleet management companies with a rapid turnover of vehicles investing in a slightly more expensive yet significantly more efficient machine will soon pay for itself.
- When it comes to purchasing a tyre fitting machine we strongly advise buyers to choose quality equipment from a trusted supplier that can offer the aftersales support as well. As well as increasing longevity this will also ensure the safety of employees as they fit new wheels and the ability to maintain your business should a breakdown occur.
- Another critical factor to consider is what vehicle types a buyer will be servicing. Trucks and buses will require a commercial vehicle tyre changer such as the Hofmann Megaplan megamount 352, whereas passenger cars, motorcycles and light commercial vehicles require a less heavy duty machine.
- Budgets are always an important factor which is why we are committed to offering our customers the best deals on the market.
- Wheel clamping range dictates the size of tyres that can be changed. 20 inches is the smallest dimension, with 24 inches noted as the most versatile size. The Unite U226 is our flagship 24 inch model. 26 inch and 28 inch models are also available.
- For those wishing to use their tyre changer as a multipurpose piece of equipment, looking at motorcycle adaptor compatibility will instantly boost a business’s range of services. Our Motorcycle Adaptors are an affordable add-on and well worth the money.
- For buyers on the search for a state-of-the-art tyre changing machine there are a number of helpful additions to look out for. These include a perfectly positioned bead roller, fast inflation system and pneumatically controlled rear tilting column.
- Buying from a trusted retailer will greatly enhance the overall purchasing experience. Established and well reputed retailers such as Tyre Bay Direct offer comprehensive product descriptions, clear cut pricing, exceptional customer service and lighting fast shipping.
- A tyre changer is a significant investment and as such, we advise all buyers to confirm the existence of a manufacturers or retailers warranty before making a purchase. This offers the complete peace of mind that should anything break or malfunction the issue will be resolved quickly and cost effectively. When purchasing Redback machinery from Tyre Bay Direct all mainland UK buyers enjoy a 24 month parts warranty and 12 month labour warranty.
For further information and advice on all of the above factors here at Tyre Bay Direct we welcome customer inquiries from businesses of all sizes.